FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano97 View Post
Ya'll are seeing the wrong people LOL. Sorry. And I think may be making it more about 'them' than 'you'. And/or 'they' are doing that to you. It's your life. Take it by the ballz and run with it. If after a few sessions that is not happening, or doesn't seem to have potential for that to happen, yes, bail. And keep looking.

I'm blessed and thankful to live in a pretty good sized city, I can walk there if needed. Which is pretty great bc I don't always do well driving like I used to.

Don't give up. Hang in there.

Read my previous post again, start to finish. Promise there's a decent chance it will help. It's long. I'm maybe a little bit tiny hypomanic but go with it. Who cares. I took a shower today, cooked, left the house multiple times, and functioned within society. If that is not success, I dunno what is. Can I hold a job right now? No way in hell. Maybe someday. Can I be in 'dating' relationship right now? Unlikely. Maybe someday. Do I have a 'normal' life? No, lol. But who cares. I'm comfortable in my own skin. And working on a functional recovery, day by day. It will lead to those other things I mentioned, or at least it's a heck of a lot more likely.
I'll elaborate about therapists from my point of view then. I find therapists counter productive because i don't like to waste my time on useless methods that doesn't provide me with any positive effects. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing it or saying its useless because for some it is helpful. But what concerns me is therapists aren't promoting to their clients that people can have different views. Also there's no recovery from bipolar disorder so might as well see and experience all things I can. Possibly find something along the way that can make me happy. Its doubtful but I'm having one helluva ride on my way.

Dont give up as well and hang in there too,

Thanks
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
clydeblack, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
clydeblack, MickeyCheeky