Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
So sorry Lucy. I'm the same with keeping up with posts.

I HATE the images society forces us to feel we need to meet to be an acceptable or good person, especially for women (though I know there are plenty of males with EDs too).

I also hate that there are also all these pro-ED sites & forums that drag in a lot of young teenagers and basically cause them to want to be anorexic, tips, daily updates, triggering stuff, photos, etc., and then what do you know, they become anorexic and/or bulimic? I was already deep into anorexia before going to one of those sites when I was in college (they cloak themselves a bit since my college days, but you definitely still can find plenty out there, you just have to look for the right stuff/sites to get there). I belonged to a couple recovery forums that were once very active, some are gone, and the active ones maybe get a couple posts in 2 weeks, if even that.

Hollywood makes it seem glamorous to have anorexia (like it's the golden standard of eating disorders everyone should aim for), and the reality is that it is not glamorous at all, it sucks so, so, so much, just like all eating disorders suck.

I've run across studies that estimate at least 3 out of 4 women have some sort of disordered eating thoughts or habits, even if they do not have a diagnosed ED, will do things like skip a meal because of their weight or feelings about their images. That is just messed up.
I agree with all you've said. It's a sad thing.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,