View Single Post
Anatta

Member Since Jul 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 08:30 AM

BPD is accurate if this is pervasive. It could also be a mixed mood episode.

For BPD, you have to meet five of these nine traits:

Quote:
Traits involving emotions:
Quite frequently people with Borderline Personality Disorder have a very hard time with control of their emotions – they may even feel ruled by them.
1. Shifts in mood lasting only a few hours.
2. Anger that is inappropriate, intense or uncontrollable.
Traits involving behavior:
3. Self-destructive acts (such as self-mutilation) or suicidal threats that happen more than once.
4. Two potentially impulsive, self-damaging behaviors (could include alcohol and/or drug abuse, gambling, compulsive spending, compulsive sexual behavior, eating disorders, shoplifting, and/or reckless driving).
Traits involving identity:
5. Marked, persistent identity disturbance shown by uncertainty in at least two areas (could include self-image, friendships, sexual orientation, career choice or other long-term goals, and/or values). People with BPD may not feel like they know who they are, what they think, what their opinions are, or what religion they should be. Instead, they may try to be what they think other people want them to be. [Someone with BPD said, "I have a hard time figuring out my personality. I tend to be whomever I'm with."]
6. Chronic feelings of emptiness or boredom.
Traits involving relationships:
7. Unstable, chaotic, intense relationships characterized by splitting (self and others are
seen as "all good" or "all bad.").
8. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
Alternating clinging and distancing behaviors (wanting to be close to someone, but when getting close it feels too close and then they feel like they have to get some space) – this happens often. Great difficulty trusting people and themselves (early trust may have been shattered by people who were close to them). Sensitivity to criticism or rejection. Feeling of "needing" someone else to survive. Heavy need for affection and reassurance.
9. Transient, stress-related, paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.–feeling "out of it," or not being able to remember what they said or did. This mostly happens in times of severe stress.

“Live or die, but don't poison everything.”
-Anne Sexton

“If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.” - The Buddha
Anatta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote