View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 01:07 PM

It's a challenge saidso because there is so much we don't know about the people that we post to and interact with when it comes to this site. For example, you might be one the feels it's perfectly fine to disagree with someone or criticize what that person is saying, however, what you might not know is how that person has been living with individuals that constantly criticize them causing them to constantly feel unsafe. That can mean that person is a lot more sensitive to posts that can seem criticial to them. Add to that how there are individuals that have been raised with certain cultural beliefs where what is considered normal and expected in their culture is something you find dysfunctional and unacceptable. Also, someone might post to you and not really be all that familiar with where you are coming from as well. It's most certainly quite the mixed bag when it comes to interacting on this site. Also, we never really know where someone is at psychologically either. For myself for example, I interacted on this site while at the same time battling serious suicidal impulses, I never shared that with others on this site when I joined. I also was struggling to understand what ptsd really meant and had never experienced all the debilitating symptoms I had been dealing with before. For the most part saidso, a lot of members are just learning and simply might be in a bad place mentally that even they themselves don't understand all that well, looking back at that time when I myself joined this site I can most definitely raise my hand when it comes to feeling lost on several levels, and in many cases "unaware" too. One thing spending time on this site can teach someone is there is a lot more to understanding different people than often one may be experienced with, adding to that how a lot of members are also struggling with some kind of mental illness can make it even more challenging, yet, at the same time can also provide an opportunity to learn a lot too.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, guilloche, here today