View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 02:42 PM

my mom wants me to try to get a paraprofessional job. national statistics show that mostly black females get that job, so i might not get hired. It's part of the childcare and education business where colored men are rare. I tried being a local babysitter some time ago, only to be rejected by some childcare network. there are also employers who'd hire an individual for his interview attire rather than his trade skills or experience, which is why I pursue self-employment where my appearance or background has less influence on my work.

I wanted to do other jobs like refuse and recyclable material collecting or working with the New York City Department of Sanitation, but mom threatened to evict me if I got such jobs. She doesn't care too much about my financial well-being.

I'm going to try to apply for this paraprofessional job, but not with much effort. I'll just do the bare minimum of what mom wants, since I'm religiously suppose to honor her, but I'll continue focusing on more promising opportunities.

the unfortunate part is that mom will be harassing me along the way. and in the end, she'll blame me when I don't get hired. But at least I can predict her harassment and I have safe ways to handle it without thinking of hurting her. I'll be singing at the park, as well as spending less time at home where she harasses me.

Last edited by redCanine3669; Feb 27, 2019 at 02:57 PM..
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote