LonesomeTonight has no updates.

8 yr Member
74.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_2017 View Post
Wow, how ballsy of the other T to outright ask about a crush on T. I am a bit shocked by your answer though.

I think it's fantastic you found other ways to cope and only emailed once, that's a huge step for you and something to be proud of. The eventual goal for therapy is for clients to "fly on their own" and so every small step toward that, is great. No one says you can't reach out if need be but it's awesome that you explored other things as well and hopefully you found some of it helpful.

I agree with needing MC again, it's a good idea I think if you can convince H to do it. It sounds like it went well, so I'm happy to hear it. I hope you give yourself some credit for the huge progress you made with contact while he was away, you deserve it! Well done.

With the "crush" thing, a lot was in the way she said it, like a middle-schooler asking her friend if she had a crush on a teacher (that was the tone of voice she used), which I think made it more awkward. Like, "Aw, do you have a thing for [T]? How cute!" She did say it's common and normal if I did because of the relationship (I was waiting for her to say she had a thing for him, the way she'd said it...). I mentioned that I do think he's attractive (I've told my T this) and have some transference stuff at times (he knows that, too). A crush is just a totally different thing to me (I've certainly had those! See: 7th grade science teacher--no, not the high school one with all the transference stuff, this was more innocent).

Thanks for what you said about my ability to cope. I know I tend to be too hard on myself (and T agrees) on that and lots of other topics. And I'll think about the MC thing...maybe if I let him (H) pick one?
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DP_2017