TeaVicar?

TeaVicar? They're from M and S...

8 yr Member
99 hugs
given
Default Feb 27, 2019 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
I thought your T sharing more would decrease the chance for the erotic transference, but it does seem to be different with everyone. Some people develop more transference, some less.

My T was rather blank slate, which I think actually (though unintentionally) encouraged my erotic transference since I never had a relationship with my father given he was totally unavailable. So a repetition of my past. (I refer to oedipal complex, but that's just symbolism to having never had a relationship with my father).

Have you identified ways you may be repeating your past?
Absolutely the same here. The lack of self disclosure intensified my ET for sure. He became less real and more of a fantasy in my head. But isn't that the original reason for the more traditional style, because it brings out "the transference/s", which can then be worked on? I think it's a very outdated method and a bit of a contradiction, when you think about past trauma's that are supposed to be helped by therapy. I felt as though I was replaying my early traumas for a long time, while dealing with ET/attachment.

sorry to derail!

Thanks for this!
growlycat