View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM

I played a lot of nintendo games when i was a kid. I've been seeing some nintendo and playstation video games on youtube, since I don't have money or time to play video games.

Most games that I've watch have some references to some other nation. My younger brother first noted this when I was younger. I've been a bit paranoid about that, since then. but I know that some video games are just games and don't have any cultural, racial, or national purpose.

Still, when I go onto youtube, a lot of people seem to underline the cultural, racial, and national features of video games. It's not too comfortable as I like video games for their ability to help me escape from reality. It's a bit dull when I see a video game and then get reminded about real-life. The least entertaining thing of a video game (in my opinion) is its cultural, racial, and national features.

I also don't like those features because I feel they might misinform me. For me, a video game is not as good of a source of cultural, racial, and national information as a book. I have a fear of unconsciously confusing cultural, racial or national information from what I observe through video games.

I think I'm going to look into Xbox video games, as the Xbox is a video game console of my homeland. but eh, I don't know. I feel most of my homeland's video games are quite military, like Halo and Call of Duty, which isn't too entertaining for me. I'm especially not too fond of video games where females are brutally killed or assaulted.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote