Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 28, 2019 at 04:16 PM

Well... you didn't say specifically. But I presume, from reading your post, that this "was" your son who is MtF so is now to become your daughter. I guess the first thing that needs to be said is thanks ever so much for supporting your daughter. It may or may not be of great comfort. But I believe the feelings you are experiencing are pretty-much what every parent of a transgender child experiences.

Beyond that, I guess what I can tell you is that, while I'm now an old man, I've had a life-long gender identity struggle of my own. I won't go into all the sorry details except to say that living one's life in the closet, so to speak, can be a living hell (that is assuming the person doesn't just outright kill themselves. The suicide rate among trans individuals is high.) So if your daughter can successfully make the transition that is an extraordinary outcome. And the more supportive you & the rest of her family can be, the easier it will be & the more successful will be her transition.

By the way, I do hope she has an opportunity to spend time with an experienced gender therapist. I think it will be important for her to have that support. And at least my perspective would be that it's important to find a therapist who is experienced in working with trans individuals. A therapist who is not can do more harm than good.

Anyway... thanks for sharing this. I wish you, your daughter & your family all the best.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Keyplayer, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, Ember_42, Keyplayer