Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloivar View Post
Im just curious as to the rationale. My thread in particular was to acknowledge the contributions of a specific member that made an impression on me, as well as other users to share how other former posters that have removed their accounts have affected them. I thought of it as a positive thread. Especially since the posts of these members will likely be lost in a sea of threads sooner or later.

I don't really see a downside to posting such a thread, but that's why i ask this question.
At first I didnt understand this guideline either but then I got to thinking about it....

imagine you have decided to delete your account, maybe the reason was because of some family or domestic violence partner has found you, or you are feeling psych central just isnt the place for you right now, or you have had problems with members here (theres lots of reasons why I have seen many come and go and come back again) what ever other reasons so you need to delete your account.

But then later on down the road you decide to come back starting fresh, a whole new account and bang you see while you were gone and could not defend your self others here have been talking about you behind your back.

think about times in your life when you have discovered someone you thought of as a friend had been talking about you behind your back, doesnt matter whether they were saying good things or bad things about you, the fact is they were talking about you behind your back to other people with out your permission. regardless of whether its good or bad things being said its not a good thing to find out people you trusted have been talking behind your back... if they can talk about your good things behind your back what are they disclosing about you that you have shared with them privately....

its just not a good thing to do to someone who you consider to be your friend in real life, and psych central is real people coming on here sharing their deep dark secrets they cant tell others, their feelings, memories , troubles.

most people who leave here do at some point either come back to just read or re register for a new account and try to start fresh. most that I know that have done this dont want to get smacked in the face with their past posts and how others here saw their behaviors.

my point is I discovered this guideline allows others who have left to come back if they want to and have a fresh start with out getting the cyber version of a slap in the face of their past. I know should I ever decide to leave psych central I would want to have that opportunity for a fresh start with out others talking about me behind my back.

Last edited by amandalouise; Mar 01, 2019 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: spelling
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
romantic rose