View Single Post
romantic rose

Member Since Jul 2018
55 hugs
given
Default Mar 01, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
At first I didnt understand this guideline either but then I got to thinking about it....

imagine you have decided to delete your account, maybe the reason was because of some family or domestic violence partner has found you, or you are feeling psych central just isnt the place for you right now, or you have had problems with members here (theres lots of reasons why I have seen many come and go and come back again) what ever other reasons so you need to delete your account.

But then later on down the road you decide to come back starting fresh, a whole new account and bang you see while you were gone and could not defend your self others here have been talking about you behind your back.

think about times in your life when you have discovered someone you thought of as a friend had been talking about you behind your back, doesnt matter whether they were saying good things or bad things about you, the fact is they were talking about you behind your back to other people with out your permission. regardless of whether its good or bad things being said its not a good thing to find out people you trusted have been talking behind your back... if they cant talk about your good things behind your back what are they disclosing about you that you have shared with them privately....

its just not a good thing to do to someone who you consider to be your friend in real life, and psych central is real people coming on here sharing their deep dark secrets they cant tell others, their feelings, memories , troubles.

most people who leave here do at some point either come back to just read or re register for a new account and try to start fresh. most that I know that have done this dont want to get smacked in the fact with their past posts and how others here saw their behaviors.

my point is I discovered this guideline allows others who have left to come back if they want to and have a fresh start with out getting the cyber version of a slap in the face of their past. I know should I ever decide to leave psych central I would want to have that opportunity for a fresh start with out others talking about me behind my back.

Yes, as I say I have done this elsewhere, and while pretty much everyone I know in real life talks about other people in some context behind their back, the trail is there for all to see online. So it's just as well that they have that guideline here I think, as yes it seems like a typical thing for human beings to do, so is a good safeguard.
romantic rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise

Thanks for this!
amandalouise