View Single Post
whimsicalman

whimsicalman has no updates.

5 yr Member
105 hugs
given
Question Mar 01, 2019 at 12:07 PM

I was wondering if there are any users here who employ shamanic practice (any tradition) into their self-care. If so, what types of things do you do to help deal with your mental illness?

I understand that various individuals and traditions approach mental illness in different way, and I am simply curious as to what you have done or do, as well as what has worked/works well (or badly) for you.

As for me, I have learned about journeying and soul retrieval from a few people of the Core Shamanism tradition, and I have an interest in exploring the Maker tradition. I have had soul retrievals done, as well as an extraction, which helped for a little while but not in the longer term. Ihave been wary of doing my own soul retrievals, but I am opoen to trying.

I also am aware that many on this forum would also discount any or all of these practices, and that is fine. But I hope that this thread does not become an argument pro or con for any of these practices. I am merely interested in the anecdotal, personal sharing of those who subscribe to such things and/or those who have honestly tried and things just didn't help them. That is okay too.
whimsicalman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*