View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 02, 2019 at 05:08 PM

She is a Syriac from Syria. She is from northern Syria that is not as progressive as the more southern parts.

She gets grumpy and says that people don't care when she is monologuing. She's not mean or a bad kind of selfish, but she is so self centered that she really does not understand that there is more to the world than her. I have tried to explain that everyone is the center of their own world and that is why people don't always wants to do what she wants. She acts like everyone should be on standby to help her whenever she needs help. "They have their own lives" she repeats to herself, someone taught her that. But it is like she understands it at the moment she says or thinks about it, then the knowledge is gone.

I tried the Sally-Anne test on her and she failed. But when I explained she understood.

Since she came to my country she made so much progress that it would be wasted if she's not allowed to stay. Here people have been much more prone to explaining things instead of just covering things up. I don't think an autistic person should change everything about them, but not being able to keep friends is quite a big thing. Either she feels hurt by things people normally don't find hurtful, and she leaves, or others leave her because she is so self centered and she lacks the understanding of very basic things. She is my friend but I wouldn't say she is a friend in the same way an adult is my friend. I feel kind of mean thinking like that. But we're more on the same level with music and art so there are other things than intellectual stuff.

I invited her to come and stay here for a bit like in two weeks or so. Luckily for me, she doesn't easily drain my energy like most people do, so I think it will work out. It's actually possible she will end up here since her family is about to get homeless. In that case, I hope her parents will find somewhere. If it's just the two of them, maybe they can rent a room or something.

So yea, there is a lot of crazy stuff going on in her life part from being mentally disabled. That is also something I can't understand about her, in all this she is more worried about how someone might or might not be mad at her (repeating theme), than being evicted.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna