Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 02, 2019 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbie View Post
Thank you. I'm being medically supervised and check in regularly. My doctor is pleased with my progress. I'm sticking to the program, and my insulin dosage has been cut in half. Insulin can make a person gain weight, or at least make it next to impossible to lose it, so the less I have to take, the better. If my blood sugars can be controlled without it, that would be the ideal.

I hear you on the scale. I was initially told to weigh myself every day. And only once a day! I might get obsessive enough to weigh myself several times throughout the day, and of course I'm going to be a little heavier as the day goes on, which is going to be discouraging. I was counseled that little fluctuations might be water weight or whatever, and not a true measure of whether I'm gaining or losing body weight.

I'm not even sure about weighing every day. I might be better off once a week, so I can see the loss, if any. Seeing the same number for several days in a row can make it feel like I'm not making any progress, which would make me want to give up.

Of course, I know if I give up, all of the progress I've made is undone.
So glad you are doing alright. I'm diabetic, too. I have the scale back indoors. I'm going to try once a week. For the reasons you said I find it discouraging to weigh more often. I may be going on something for the diabetes. I'll get an A1C this month most likely. I think I may be put on Metformin which I've heard has helped some to lose weight. Probably not the same thing you take.

I hope your night is a good one.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,

Hugs from:
Albatross2008