Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2019 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgam View Post
any dog can bite. any dog can be aggressive.

pit bulls were never called "nanny dogs" no dog breed goes from bull baiting and fighting to babysitting children as a breed tendency.

just as there are very nice pit bulls, there are some very aggressive uncontrollable ones out there. if a dog with a questionable background is not trained, neutered, and watched you are asking for trouble and placing others at risk.

it's jaws are powerful..they were designed for a purpose. just as other dogs have features designed for what they were bred for, that is what pits functions were.

again, from a good breeder, raised responsibly, trained, i'm sure the dog will be a better less risky pet, but still as with any dog, you need to watch them in situations that put others at risk.

much depends on the owner's behavior as well...everything being said, it is not a breed I would have (but there are plenty of other breeds on that list as well)
—-I think this is the most concise, complete and sensible post on this thread. Wish they would move it up in the thread. In fact, I wish that could be done for all best posts on each thread on the forum. Moderators could choose them but it would take a lot of work. Hugs!

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote