FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goals2017 View Post
Hey all so I’ve recently falling BACK into a slump and depression I just constantly reminisce on the days I was in college before my illness struck and I build up so much grief I wish I wasn’t here sometimes. I just feel so broken and sad I’m over 60 lbs overweight due to meds and a few major episodes and that just tears me up cause I feel like I can’t get all that progress back I made while stable and know I have to start all over from ground zero. And I just don’t feel like I have what it takes. If you all could give me some advice that would be much appreciated. I feel like hearing words from others who understand and who has lived through it thanks.
I have no idea what life is before bipolar. I've been the same person all my life or as far back as I can remember which was 4.

Look on the bright side you actually have memories that's not full of emotions that goes from being on top of the world to wanting to kill yourself. Then repeat that over and over for decades.

First step: remove the broken notion out of your head.

Second step: starting over from scratch is normal for bipolar type of people and theres no losing progress. Life is a rollercoaster ride and learning to ride without throwing up is our life or you're going to throw up and quit the ride.

Third: join a movement and/or club. I became vegan and a supporter of equality. It helps me a lot in controlling my depression.

Last thing, keep people around you in person or online to have someone to talk to that can actually relate.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote