DP_2017
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Ok I just read your write up, a few extra things

One, yes make a photo book, the single most healing thing I did with losing my dog was make those. It was hard and emotional but it's so so so wonderful to have. I recommend collage.com instead though, much better prices and you can make it way more your own rather than set themes

Second.. I'm SO glad he brought up and was honest with you about all relationships end, they do. It's **** but they do. It's probably why at a young age, I started keeping distance with people. Anyway....he is right, there is value in it, even though I am struggling with losing my T, sometimes I think, where would i be without him? I'd probably be dead, because the first thing I always talked about doing with my dog died, was dying with him.

Lastly, I'll agree with him on the dogs. Getting dogs is not for everyone but for some, it's everything. My dog saved my life. He gave me a purpose. Every single day I spent with him, I consider blessed. Yes I knew he would die but I spent every day doing the most with him that I could, loving him with my all.... and even though I miss him every day, that is one relationship I don't regret at all. How amazing it was to spend 15 years with that incriedble soul, he taught so much about life and love. I'd probably never have made my 21st birthday without him. I wanted to die that bad before I got him. He was my world. He changed my world.

Now I have my other dog, I know he's getting close, he's almost 16. I am aware of it but T was able to get me to learn to focus on the here and now with them and not fret about the death, as I was when I first saw him.... so this yea instead of "oh dang, he's 16, he isn't gonna last much longer" I am like 'Wow, our first pet to have a 16th birthday! I've done a great job with him"

I hope you can get to a place where you are happy and content, your really do deserve it

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight