velcro003 has no updates.

15 yr Member
25 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2019 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post

T: "I think something else you can do is accept that you have anxiety and that it has both positive and negative effects on you." Me: "There's a positive? I mean, I guess I might avoid dangerous situations..." T: "I think it makes you a good friend. Because you're perceptive and attentive. You want to make a good impression and have the other person like you. While many people don't think about those things." Me: "Hm, I hadn't thought of it that way. I guess being anxious also makes me a good copy editor." T: "Exactly, it helps you with work, too."
I just had a session on anxiety today, and the therapist mentioned how anxiety is there for a reason, and can have positive effects. He used the story of a pond of minnows. Half the minnows are confident, and the other half are anxious. On normal days, the confident minnows are swimming around, eating all the food and having a good life. On days when there is danger, the confident ones get eaten up fast, and all the anxious minnows who were already scanning for danger, survive. There is reason why anxiety continues to get passed down from generation to generation. Its not always a bad thing.
velcro003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight