Thread: Medical debt
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Mar 03, 2019 at 11:42 PM

My 10 hospitalizations (grand total almost 4 months) and 11 IOPs (one lasted six months) exhausted our savings about eight years ago. Since then, we pay credit card debt with home equity loans, my husband's side job, and family "gifts". Eventually even they aren't enough. We can barely afford where we live. We're stuck for now, though.

My husband wants to move to Europe. He has joint US and EU country citizenship. Moving to certain countries in Europe would actually provide a safer more secure life for us financially and in terms of healthcare. It is sad, because we love the US. My family has been in the US since as far back as the early 1700s. I feel a deep love for my state and American heritage.

What should people do to prevent future medical debt? Vote for candidates that support universal healthcare in the US or Medicare For All. Or, beg the top 1% in the country to use some of their tax breaks to help us out. Consider starting with Rupert Murdoch. Or maybe the Trump Charitable Foundation will help? Oh, I forgot. That's closed down because of misuse (personal use) of funds.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Mar 04, 2019 at 12:38 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, cashart10

Thanks for this!
bizi