View Single Post
Marilyn2016
Marilyn2016 Chillin'

8 yr Member
45 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 06:00 AM

Yes, I've disclosed years after cutting, and it always gets a reaction. Not always the one I hope for, which is that people will just ignore it and move on...I can't really hide it. I mean I have scars all over my body, and they're fat ones, on a fat body. So, I get shame for cutting, shame for fat, and just about anything else that's easy to judge on appearance or first disclosure. lol. I kind of ignore it now...I just roll my eyes and feel sorry for them that they lack the experience or humanity to treat people like us with care and sensitivity. One issue I have with therapists, is that they are qualified to a certain academic and practical standard, but who knows if this person has ever been face to face with a serious cutter before. Who knows if they say all that normalization of feelings stuff, because THEY were the ones who were caught off guard, and they really have NO idea how to handle us. I'm selective who I tell my cutting history to, but again, I can't hide it, so I get questions all the time from random people as well as professionals in treatment. I just say my truth, and leave it with them. If they freak out it's their problem, not mine.
Marilyn2016 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Bill3