View Single Post
Anonymous48614

Default Mar 04, 2019 at 01:27 PM

I'm going to give up on trying to write this post-- I've erased it 6 times after writing a substantial amount, changing the topic slightly. Let's just say this -- I think I'm hypomanic and this is one of the first times I think I've been able to identify my mood without much doubt. It's been 6 days now.

After a long stint in deep depression to suddenly feel better is a godsend, but elated mood is not my indicator in this. I feel restless, I don't sleep much, can't concentrate or focus, my thoughts can't come out fast enough before switching topics (much like re-writing this post) My therapist has even noticed and has mentioned my thoughts are kind of passive brain work and not really being able to concentrate..

Anyway, I don't really have a point here. I just wanted to say I'm still around and I'm OK. This mood shift is not disrupting my life, so I'm just reveling in it. Who cares what we call it? (I do sadly, I like to have a label, at least you feel it's something communal and others can understand).

Anyway, to keep the thread relevant and relatable, let me propose a question -- When was the first time you realized a mood shift that was significant enough to identify it as depression or a manic/hypomanic episode?

Last edited by Anonymous48614; Mar 04, 2019 at 01:44 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, beauflow, cashart10, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky