View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 02:35 PM

She’s going to try me on lithium, dropping thewellbutrin. The reason I am wildly afraid of antipsychotics is that beginning doses of latuda and risperdone caused panic attacks (which I don’t get otherwise)and serroquel didn’t agree with my mother.
I read up on most of the other meds you mentioned and many can pose problems for hypomania. Depakote often causes weight gain so no way. Trileptal probably isn’t that dif from tegretol.
I go to my t every week now, not always. Sadly I have learned SO much more about this and everything from Psych Central and from reading that I despair. Tho I talk about more structure and setting goals, she like most I had still just sits there mainly tho she is far from stupid. Venting is important, but not to that degre.
I don’t want to do excessive doctor bashing, but real change is needed in the psych industry. I gave the pdoc, relatively new to me, a huge packet with timeline, psych history in paragraphs, med history. She said she would put it in my file. She probably wont even read it. I’ve changed psych professionals so often that I am considering going to UCLA for a meds eval. They saved my ex’s life when I took him for a second opinion there on medical issues.
Thanks, Bird Dancer, I always respect what you say because you have worked out a pretty good mix on yr meds and have a great relationship w yr h on top of it. I admire that!

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote