Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2013
3,076 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Is your dx Schizoaffective Bipolar ?That's my diagnosis and you can have delusions without being manic or depressed with that. I recently was having religious delusions, I am a religious person but the stuff/beliefs I was going on about for a few weeks was not typical of me and I was also having other psychotic symptoms at the time too. I'm not saying that's what you are of course, everyone has different beliefs and I respect that, So I guess it can depend on some different factors. Is it a belief you've had for a long time in your life that's always been there even when completely stable? Have you had psychosis symptoms while not manic, etc

Can your doctor provide any insight on it? Maybe they would be able to tell whether it's related to delusional thinking or not if they know you well

I’m not really sure of my diagnosis. My previous pdoc diagnosed me with schizoeffective disorder but I’m not sure that is what my current diagnosis is. I think it is bp1 with psychotic features. I haven’t had anything other than very mild psychotic symptoms in a very long time but no, this isnt something I would typically believe. That gives me an inclination to mention it to my pdoc but at the same time I feel like just because I’ve never believed it doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Every finger in the room is pointing at me
I want to spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring
I got a bowling ball in my stomach I got a desert in my mouth
Figures that my courage would choose to sell out now

Tori Amos ~ Crucify

Dx: Schizoaffective Disorder
cashart10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky