View Single Post
Mick888

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 04:04 PM

Interesting. Does implicit triggering ever happen with combat PTSD? I have had some similar experiences to this, but am not really sure if this is possible with combat PTSD or something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
So hard to believe that is what happens. I was in that state for 2 days. I was on crisis lines, I was planning my suicide, I was throwing up.....I finally contacted him Wednesday night my email. He called me in the morning and got me an appointment that day. My mind believed he could not help and nothing could ever help me that all this was will never end, everything was hopeless. Not sure how but he managed to un-trigger me. Just so odd how him really addressing a the child part and us working together to bring her into the light helped. He even gave me one of those silicone support bracelets that Earth-Water-Air-Light on it and it glows in the dark. So stupid but that bracelet was like magic. He said when this starts to happen to feel the bracelet and bring that part here in the office in our minds. I felt a release in me happen. Much lighter. When I left there I was shivering and could not get warm. I had the car heat cranking. That night I slept like a rock. The next day I felt like I went through a battle but I was clear. I was able to get things done. No stupid need to kill myself, no flooding of excessive negative thoughts or worries. It is so weird and dangerous for me. He tried to explain that for PTSD there are implicit and explicit memories. Combat PTSD are manly explicit but for those with trauma at a young age they are mostly implicit.
Mick888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote