View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 06:25 PM

I can take up to 2 klonopin tablets a day prn (for a total of 1mg). I hardly ever use it and try to only take it for emergencies like severe panic attacks for example. She doesn't bring them up all the time, just asks if I need a refill one them and how my anxiety has been, what I've been doing to manage it, etc. I haven't needed a refill in almost a year because I use them so sparingly so I had a bottle of 60 tablets around for a long time that's just now getting down to where I'll need a refill soon. I've been seeing the same doctor for several years though so she knows me and that I've never had an issue with them and I have never had a substance abuse issue.

I guess maybe he doesn't bring it up because you haven't brought up any concerns about them? If you do have concerns be sure to mention them. I've had klonopin prn for years so my doctor knows I tolerate it well and am responsible so unless I bring up concerns at the appointment regarding it she doesn't specifically bring them up every appointment since I'm on other meds as well.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote