FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2019 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fleurs View Post
For me personally it depends on the anger. If I am feeling very irritable and overstimulated, I need to calm that down. I may dim the lights, find some place quiet or put on some music I like, and I try to deep breathe. This usually helps temporarily. I have also found sometimes my anger is really anxiety, fear, sadness or some other emotion manifesting as anger, and offering self compassion helps, like talking to myself and telling myself it's okay to be scared. I may also do self care like take a shower or bath, wrap myself in a warm blanket or drink some tea. Caffeine makes my anger/irritability 1000x worse so if you're anything like me avoid that. Running is an intense exercise, but maybe something like swimming or yoga could be more relaxing and calm your mind? Not sure any of this will help, but hope you find something and feel better soon.
Caffeine messes me up too. Listening to music is what helps me. My bluetooth plays my spotify all day. Switch it to classical when I really need it.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, yellow_fleurs

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, sunnyvibes, yellow_fleurs