View Single Post
Loial
El Psy Congroo

Member Since Aug 2014
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2019 at 07:10 AM

Thanks for the continued support everyone. It means a lot.

I had my assessment this morning. Was like a 30 minute appointment with a nurse and social worker covering my health, drinking habits and social circumstances.

I was given a drinking diary to fill out and a units chart, although as I told them the cans of beers display the units anyway so I’m fairly aware of that side of thing so anyway.

The next step is being assigned a social worker who I’ll see regularly and make a plan to tackle my alcohol use. They said I’d get an appointment within two weeks. More waiting. Yay!

Also said they could point me in the direction of some charities that do programs and stuff to help with getting back into work.

So they said I’ve just got to work on drinking a consistent amount over the next two weeks, make some minor cutbacks if I feel comfortable.

It’s all a step in the right direction. Just frustrating I need to wait more time.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, Ohseedee

Thanks for this!
bizi, Ohseedee