Thread: Lost all hope
View Single Post
Anonymous48614

Default Mar 05, 2019 at 12:33 PM

BoomerMudcat,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems like this. I recently came out of a deep depression much similar to the symptoms you have. I felt hopeless and as if things could never change. I know having hope is hard -- but this feeling is temporary. Think of it like this -- are you always happy? or sad? or angry? Do you ever experience one emotion forever? There may be long periods of one emotion-- but it's not permanent. With medication, psychotherapy -- other resources like family or friends, it can really help. I don't mean to belittle depression at all. I mean, it's more than sadness and hopelessness.. but I'm talking about those symptoms in general. Depression sucks, and we have to deal with it the best we can. It always helps me to remember that I won't always feel one way. The change can be positive.

Just don't lose sight of that. Don't beat yourself up because you can't do much today -- accept that you can't and you're doing what you can. I hope that'll help with the struggle just a little.

Last edited by Anonymous48614; Mar 05, 2019 at 12:50 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341

Thanks for this!
BoomerMudcat, cincidak