clydeblack

clydeblack Spread that bread

5 yr Member
249 hugs
given
Default Mar 05, 2019 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtobehappy5 View Post
I finally was doing well enough to realize shutting out all help was not me choosing to just be ok. So I emailed my T to tell her I want the referrals.

She is very excited about the inpatient dbt program for me apparently. She said she had been wanting to do that for a while. It is an interesting setup with psych team, dbt, other therapies like creative expression and meditation and co-occuring disorder help for mental health and substance abuse issues (As I write this not taking my meds all day and with a whiskey in my hand after being proud of 5 days of giving up drinking and taking my meds feeling easy then today impossible)

The psychosocial rehabilitation program I still dont know what to expect. At least I could be at home for that though. Leaving my family again would be hard for the dbt after spending probably around 2months in IP stays during 2018.

All I know is earlier I was feeling like I had no problems and didnt need any of these referrals anyway and now somehow feel happy with myself and afraid of myself so I probably still need some help lol. Otherwise I still take care of my kids and have held down a job for about a year(with lots of sick time but oh well) so I can function quite well until my episodes get too intense. I do have a lot of issues from childhood bit talk therapy doesnt help any more than ignoring it does.

I also have a dbt book. Its called the dialectical behavior therapy workbook for bipolar disorder. I bought it about a year and a half ago and my issues? have changed a lot since then so im not sure how it.would be now but when I first got it I found it upset me a lot. I had to slow down a lot and go over one thing or even page at a time so I wouldnt get overwhelmed. So if I had any advice on that and if my advice is actually worth anything it would be to start slow if you are doing it alone.
Hope the program works well for you. Keep us updated.

Found out there is a waitlist for the group I wanted.

That's good advice about the book, thanks.
clydeblack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote