View Single Post
toughbird
toughbird has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 05, 2019 at 08:47 PM

In my view it stems fears of intimacy. I feel I got too close and he ultimately pushed me away. The distancing only started to happen as he knew my feelings were strong. He even got nasty and really horrible. Admitted he has serious fears about intimacy. Something about intimacy makes him run scared.

He even said once every time he sees me his reminded that I got too close and that was enough for him.

That night he showed a lot of confusion as he was happy to see me. Kept looking at me when I got up and even moved to my table in order to sit near me. If he felt stalked or scared. He will sit away from me surely right?

Although I confronted him about the lack of replies since I left. I think he misinterpreted that me sitting next to him was only done in order for him to hear what I was saying as the room became too loud.

I do believe him running off was due to too much closeness. I tried to calm him down hence why I followed him to try to reassure him. But we were both drunk.

I reached out by texting every once in a few weeks not every day. Because he is an isolated and social ackward person. I was trying to be a caring friend.

Bottom line is this man has serious intimacy issues that will follow him and affect all close relationships. Unless he seeks help to address it. It will always be an issue. To both intimate and friendships.

The only difference is now I chose not to be a pawn in this game any longer than I already have.

He has already had a previous girlfriend go through the same thing as me to the point they dated. He went cold on her. She became friends. Then they started texting. Thrn she got rid of him and cut contact.

The only thing I should have done is not allowing it to drag on as long as it did. I should have cut contact and walked away.

My conscious is clear and I don't feel I have done anything wrong except in trying to be a good girlfriend and friend. The issue is with him and not me.
toughbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote