View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 05, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
This is so sad. Many years ago my parents used to argue. I recall one year, on my birthday, my parents got into it. And I can still picture myself riding off on my bike telling my father maybe I could have a happy birthday by myself. However, from what you wrote, it sounds as though what you're dealing with may be worse than what I experienced.

I wish I had some helpful suggestions for you. You really are stuck. I think you're right. You can't just call the police. Well... perhaps you could. And if things get bad enough that might be something you'd want to consider doing. But I understand why you wouldn't want to.

Beyond that I'm afraid the only things that would occur to me would be to try to find someone you can talk to about what you're experiencing. Sometimes just having someone to talk with in real life can be a great comfort. And then the other thing would be if there was someone else you could go stay with for periods of time when things are tense. I personally doubt there would be anything you could do to intervene in what is happening & make a positive change in your family members' behaviors. Perhaps other members will have some creative suggestions.
Hey,

Thank you for taking your time to reply me, and sorry if I'm replying late. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did on that birthday when your parents fought. I had a similar birthday like that too.

I guess I can only hope that things get better, but for right now -- I'm stuck, and I feel stuck. But thank you again for your support, it really helps.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote