View Single Post
BipolaRNurse
Neurodivergent

Member Since Mar 2012
3,864 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2019 at 03:01 AM

I had my first depressive episode at age 10. I distinctly remember waking up one morning feeling like I wanted to die. It was awful; kids don't understand those emotions at that age and all I knew was I felt terrible and guilty somehow, like I'd done something to deserve it. I kept it to myself though, because I knew my parents wouldn't understand and they'd tell me to buck up and smile. That was their cure for everything under the sun. I didn't realize that it was depression; there was no trigger that I can recall. I figured it out later when I was 13 and had another episode...still didn't have a name for it, but I recognized the feelings.

Mania didn't show up for another few years, but I remember the first one even though I had no idea what it was. I spent an entire summer manic AF, but of course had no idea why I was acting that way. I was spending upwards of 14-hour days at work, my production was amazing but I made a lot of mistakes (this was in a factory). I'd drink so I could sleep for 2-3 hours and get up and do it all over again. My boss complained that I never shut up and I actually told my life story from birth. I don't remember doing that. But I spent money like it was going out of style, and I did things like spend a long weekend in Ensenada, Mexico getting hammered and stoned with people I didn't even know.

Mild cognitive impairment

RX:
Celexa 20 mg
Gabapentin 1200 mg
Geodon 40 mg AM, 60 mg PM
Klonopin 0.5 mg PRN
Lamictal 500 mg
Levothyroxine 125 mcg (rx'd for depression)
Trazodone 150 mg
Zyprexa 7.5 mg

Please come visit me @ http://bpnurse.com
BipolaRNurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote