View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Mar 07, 2019 at 06:59 AM

Ok ok ok. This is my plan.

I just didn't trust the last dentist I saw. She was almost sneering and way too fast on things. If she couldn't explain to me what the problem was, then why am I going to her. I also just can't trust her. She told me that I didn't lose a filling that it was my tooth. But when the x-rays came in you can see the filling there in the spot where the hole is. So, to me, it seems like the hole is above the filling (surface of the tooth) and all I need to do is fill in the hole. Not to mention that you would assume that a tooth would come off in one chunk. But I mentioned to her that I was alerted to the problem because of crunch in my peanut butter and also white specks in my stool (specks imho, lead to the conclusion of white filling not tooth).

This same dentist wanted to do a root canal on this tooth back in December when I had nothing wrong. And she just can't explain to me why a root canal is necessary other than "decay" . I finally got the x-rays and they are horrible. You can't even see the full tooth. But, what you can see looks exactly the same as x-rays from 5 years ago (I keep all my x-rays).

So I decided to do a complete do over. I found a dentist in the city with state of the art facilities. If I am going to have to go through the process of a root canal might as well do it with the most state of the art place.

I have a 40 minute consult next week and I feel like I will get my questions answered. I am disappointed to possibly have to spend an insane amount of money but I have had it.

If the answer is a root canal I am going to ask about having it pulled and getting an implant. It is a back tooth and probably most likely to have issues down the road. If I am going to spend 3K to do the root canal and the implant would be 5K maybe the implant would be the better option.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote