View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2019 at 07:11 AM

I understand your feelings. I recently cut someone like this out of my life. While it was mainly due to her texting some pretty dismissive/hurtful things to me and then offering several non-apologies, that incident made me realize more about her.

She is definitely the type to make really bad decisions and whine on and on about them. For example, she spends time between her parents’ house and her apartment to help her mother with the family business and take care of her elderly dad. She gave up her career for this (another bad decision). Anyways, she was keeping her life savings in US$ cash because many people where she lives don’t trust banks. Instead of getting a safe and keeping the money at her apartment in a building with a doorman and where only she enters, she kept it at her parents’ house which is like Grand Central Station – a constant flow of nurses for her dad, housekeepers, workmen, etc. coming and going. The money was stolen. Now, she is constantly complaining about that, poor her, left destitute. But seriously, what was she thinking?!?!?

That is just one example. There are many more. When I got some perspective after her nasty comments, I started to realize this and told her I can’t deal with her and blocked her communications when possible. It feels like a weight is off me. I don’t regret it. It sounds like you are reaching the same point with this person. If you need to break off communication for your own well-being, then I’d say do it.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote