Thread: Therapy
View Single Post
Anonymous52333

Default Mar 08, 2019 at 05:52 PM

I have a therapist that I feel very comfortable with in most ways. I decided at the spur of the moment in our last session to describe the event that is behind my PTSD diagnosis. She knew of the event, but I have never discussed it beyond indicating it happened. She listened, didn't ask me to elaborate on anything, and her comments were about understanding an injury I have as a result now making total sense.
First, I don't know what possessed me to just come out with it like that.
Second, I am fine with her comments and have no specific desires about what I think she should have said.
Third, now I feel like I never want to see her again now that she knows the details. I feel like I opened up by mistake. I don't want to keep talking about it. Talking about it didn't help at all. It only made me feel ripped open and emotional.
I don't want to feel like I never want to see her again. She is a wonderful therapist. I don't understand why I feel all these negative things.
I know you all will say I should talk to her about how I'm feeling. I don't want to do that either. I just want to act like I never brought it up and talk about other things next session.
Anyone else felt like this? What did you do?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes