View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2019 at 06:19 PM

Definitely.....the new piece is a work of art that it otherwise wouldn't have been.

Quote:
BUT a broken plate glued back together still won't look the same as before.
Do we really want to be that same plate again, vulnerable to be broken again? Or do the broken pieces glued back together show entirely NEW skills of making the plate functional again.

Personally the missing pieces of my plate are a good thing....they are pieces that actually didn't serve me well in the first place. Like with the Japanese art of repairing with gold, the end result is much more beautiful than the original. (That doesn't have to apply only to physical looks in people). We gain strength, wisdom & character from GOING THROUGH brokenness, not staying in it.

I do understand how difficult it is to find good glue. I spent 16 years without it (or actually maybe a lifetime) before finding it. Then all the pieces started coming together over the last 8 years. My T gave me an awesome complement today. She said she has never seen me like this before. Totally different from when I came to her but totally integrated (past & present....not a DID(MPD) thing).

First time in 66 years I have felt so peaceful & my broken plate doesn't look the same & I am thankful for that.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Albatross2008