View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default Mar 08, 2019 at 08:02 PM

I think I answered the question completely...it is a "hot topic"....

the ADA will not designate a breed nor should it, that is not the purpose of the act, that is access, & accessibility. ADA has absolutely nothing to do with if the issue of pit bulls are dangerous. pit bulls as a BREED. pit bull as a specific dog who has caused issues & is a working dog, yes.

working dogs (valid ones) are based on the bond between the owner & dog and the skills the dog was able to master in order to provide assistance to help the owner. the breed can be anything from a tea cup chi to a st Bernard..BUT the ADA also specifies that the dog must be well behaved and not act out or show lack of discipline. same for therapy dogs. esa technically as well.

are pits dangerous? I answered that. do I want one no. but I also don't want other breeds. so I am more then able to make my own mind up, just as I am able to contribute to this discussion, as an owner of a certified therapy dog & esa. as well as someone who has been a dog owner for many decades , and who has been bitten by breeds OTHER then pit bulls.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote