View Single Post
Abusedbysister

Member Since Oct 2017
199 hugs
given
Default Mar 09, 2019 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbie View Post
Now, plate, be reasonable! Quit making such a fuss! Other plates have been broken into more pieces than you have.

You have no right to complain that you're broken. It's not like I threw you on the ground on purpose. I did the best I could.

Besides, it's your fault for being so breakable.

It happened so long ago that you should have put yourself back together by now. If you're still broken, it's just that you choose to be.

I could totally related to these comments, especially “Besides, it's your fault for being so breakable.” I grew up being physically and emotionally abused by my younger sister. I was about a year and half older brother. She would beat me regularly, including in front of others and knew where to hit me.

Everyone ‘s attitude was “it as all my fault for losing the fights”, “i was sissy, loser, etc” or they just treated it as a funny sibling rivalry. She used to tease me about it as well for being a “sissy”, “girl in the family “ and other things.

Eventually, I went through lots of therapy and still see a therapist. I am now the broken plate that has been glued. I would never been the same. People don’t get it that a glued plate is not the same as an intact plate, doesn’t matter how long ago the damage was done.

I send hugs to all broken plates on this forum!
Abusedbysister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Albatross2008, eskielover, Open Eyes