Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2019 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

Woops I should have shared that info. Yes, she has adhd and bipolar. She has been seeing a psychiatrist for 12 years. She has been hospitalized 4 times. She was told by the rehab/outpatient and her psychiatrist to see a therapist. I offered to show her how to find out if someone is in network but keeps skirting the issue. I handle all her other appointments/urgent care visits. I got her back to our psychiatrist after she was done with rehab although it took some convincing only because when she ran away the people she hung with convinced (a very naive and under-the-influence girl that we were drugging her for no reason and she could be free and be herself if she stopped meds. So she was a non-compliant patient.
Sounds like my older stepdaughter. Most family cut ties with her (my other stepdaughter doesn’t talk to her at all for years now) because there is just too much into it, including problems with the law. It’s ongoing heartbreak for my husband. She periodically says she wants to live better life, but it’s usually doesn’t last. I have high hopes for your daughter as she is still so young. Hugs
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous55879, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky