View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Do you think that maybe if you embrace and accept that you are doing well, are a good teacher that something bad will happen?

It was your mother who failed YOU, not the other way around ((Carmina)).

See this:
Quote:
it was me thinking it for myself because my mum kept threatening to kill herself and leaving the house, or getting really angry, and a lot of the time it was after something I'd done or said 'wrong' so I always had to try and understand what I had done wrong and in the end it just seemed to be me.
When a mother is struggling with some kind of mental illness or even a physical illness, the child's often normal response is to think it's their fault and that they are not "good enough". That's not THE TRUTH though Carmina. You get told you are a good teacher all the time and the only reason you find it hard to hear is that it doesn't match that old tape in your mind that your mother put there because SHE had the problem, not you.

I believe you ARE a good teacher and I do hope you will learn to embrace that because you want to give your students something you missed having yourself. I am sure you make sure you help them feel good about their achievements and you nurture their self esteem.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueberry21