View Single Post
Atronach
Atronach has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Well... I wish I knew what to tell you about this. I've been hiding who I really am for so many decades I no longer have any idea. And, at this point, it really doesn't even matter. I simply keep to myself now.

I recall once, many years ago, going in to see a school counselor at the college I was attending. I described for him what I was experiencing (which I now realize was probably depression... probably related to cPTSD.) And at the end of my session the counselor's response was to tell me I seemed to have a pretty good handle on my situation.

I don't know what to tell you about what you may be experiencing. I think this is the kind of thing a person ought to be able to get from working with a good therapist. But, of course, the key is to find a good therapist. I personally never had much in the way of success with that.

I guess the other way to proceed is to perhaps take some of the quizzes & tests that are on offer here on PC. Here's a link to the listing of quizzes & tests that are avaialble:

Thank you for your kind words however, I think you may be a little bit misguided. You said that you have been hiding who you really are for many decades and that it no longer matters anymore. Well it does matter, the only thing to strive for in this life is for a sense of belonging within ourselves and happiness. Im not sure how happy you are but never quit trying to find yourself, digging through the mire and murk of what makes you, you, you are important, just considering your presence on the forums you consistently put in kind words for others and seek to aid people, so I will start you out in discovering fully who you really are. You are a good person, you have a kind soul, you help others and have an innate altruism, you bring warmth to other peoples hearts and have likely helped a lot of people in your time here and you should be very proud of your heart and your dedication, so try not to give up on yourself and finding out more about yourself, it is a life long struggle but it's worth it.
Atronach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote