Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
Oh yeah, that's right. Self-care is so important amidst all of these. What do you do for self-care to recharge?
Well AA has really saved me in this situation. I have learned through getting sober what boundaries are and how not to enable someone. If I wasnt so familiar with addiction I do not know if I would have taken the steps I did to protect myself and my family. I have always been sympathetic to mental illness, addiction and behaviors associated with it. Her mental illness is managed pretty well since she started back on her meds in rehab and IOP. She doesnt know who she is or what she wants to do, and I get that.

So in a way part of my self care has been to let go and accept that she is an addict who wants to make it on her own. I like to read- I am a legit speed reader. I have a rigid sleep routine that I structured when I had to get out of perpetual insomnia. The alcoholic in me means that sleep meds are not good for me. So I wake up and go to bed in the same window of time every single day. I love waking up early. I wake up at 4 to have an hour and a half all to myself. I like posting here a lot. I am getting re-purple-ized on Tuesday since I will be completely out of commission for who knows how long. My self care involves eating and drinking enough food and water and sleep hygiene.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Mopey