Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zararose View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with going out and looking for friendships and I think you can still be friends via texting. Lots of friends aren't able to meet in person. Thats just my opinion though. I didnt meet him on a dating website- it was through a sports social club. When it ended we just kept in touch.
I dont think texting and internet friendships are bad and I do not think going out looking for friends is either. Going out and looking for male friends though could be a problem. Sure men and women can be friends but that is usually a result of some pre-existing relationship, common friends or coworkers. I think if you are looking for male friends you are looking for someone to give you what you need that you are not getting from your boyfriend. And I am not judging you for that. For years I had very few female friends and more male friends. I always said it was because women were catty b*tches or full of drama-or some other judgey thing. My male friends respected my boundaries and never made a pass but I know for a fact that if I wanted to date them they would all say yes.
Quote:
I really was looking for female friends but it didn't work out like that unfortunately. I still am trying to find female friends but it's hard.
Why? What makes it hard?
Quote:
I have talked to my bf about him. I suggested meeting him once but he declined. Also, I don't think I did nothing when he sent it.. i told him what i thought, he apologised and hasn't done it since. It's hard to describe the context it was in.
There must be a reason he was so comfortable sending it to you to begin with regardless if he apologized.
Quote:
I've seen conversations that my bf has had with his female friends ( he showed me) They were talking about sex and teasing each other about fetishes. My bf joked to this friend that we should have a threesome.
Totally not ok. Its just not. It dances around a topic that should be reserved for you and him. I am sure he will say there's nothing to is and the girls act like guys- and the girls might downplay it as well. But if those are the jokes and topics its dancing around the fire IMO.
Quote:
I would say my conversations are similar to this with my friend but I shut him down or ignore him when it happens.
How can you have similar conversations if you are ignoring him or shutting him down? You said conversations meaning he talked about this stuff more than once which means he ignored the boundaries you were trying to set.
Quote:
That being said, if I feel uncomfortable hanging out with him in person then maybe that's saying something? Part of the reason is I wouldn't want my bf to hang out with a girl alone so a choose not to do it. It's difficult when youre a bit of a loner and don't have groups of friends or gatherings to invite people to.
Absolutely that is saying something. You are uncomfortable hanging with him yet allow him to have sexual innuendo conversations. Its probably confusing. And you cant not hang out with this guy just because you wouldn't like him hanging with a girl. You both need to knock it off and focus on each other.

President of the no F's given society.

Last edited by sarahsweets; Mar 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM..
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself