View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 12:38 PM

I understand, when it comes to alcohol or drugs being involved, it's a much bigger challenge. I went through all that with my husband who has ADHD and Dyslexia and all the years he would go out on binges and apologize and be good for a bit then go out on another binge. And I understand the whole friends thing in that these friends also are involved with drinking and drugs too. He did not respect boundaries either, still working on that tbh with him. His life even sober revolves around his disease and he goes to a lot of meetings even now and I am often alone. It's very hard when it comes to this challenge. It's not unusual for the person who has the problem to blame things on others either I have experience with that as well. It was hard for me to read all you wrote because I honestly know how it feels to struggle with that constant worry and praying the person you love is safe and how helpless it can feel.

I used to have "one day at a time" under my Avatar and a lot of people thought that meant I had issues with alcoholism, well, it was not me but you DO have to learn how to take things one day at a time even when you are not the alcoholic yourself. It's hard to explain that, but I think you know what I am saying.

You are right in that your daughter doesn't really have the maturity to know who she is right now. Yes, she is going to have to learn how to stay sober, but also she will need to learn how she thrives best and what kind of nich will suit her best. It's a process and definitely takes time to slowly figure it all out. My prayers are with you ((sarahsweets)), it takes a lot of strength to deal with on your part, this much I know and it sure is not easy.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3