View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default Mar 10, 2019 at 01:32 PM

there are already so many issues with folks buying fake vests for service dogs and bringing them into stores, restaurants etc & their dogs behaving badly that the idea of a possibly untrained dog now becoming a dog with a vest & allowed in more areas just doesn't sit well with me.

the vest doesn't make the dog. in the area of service dogs, training does. therapy dogs, the ssame. esa dogs are not meant to fill into one of those categories. people bring their dogs into stores etc because of what ever reason..and their dogs in many in stances behave poorly. and all of a sudden it's ok because it's a esa (or a service dog)..either way, it's not.

your dog as a esa with a vest is afforded no special protection under the law. period. vest or no vest.

there is no official registry of service dogs , nor is there an "official card" that owners carry..regardless of the one you can buy on line.

therapy dogs if they are affiliated with a licensed group with have a card with their #, name and expiration date . yearly they require recertification. they may, or may not wear a vest. also they do NOT have the same privileges as a service dog (entry into stores, etc).

so should esa's wear a vest? I see no purpose. my dog is a therapy dog and an esa. he needs no vest for the esa function. his role does not need input from society when we are out & about, and there is nothing that a vest would change. as for his therapy work..at times he does wear a vest, other times not..depends on where we are.

esa's are NOT service animals. the ada is clear on that role.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote