View Single Post
Chyialee

Member Since May 2015
664 hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 02:47 PM

Aww, as T Petty said (peace be upon him) "The waiting is the HARDEST Part!"

Make sure that your doc hears from YOU as well that you are extremely apprehensive.

My Primary doc & Ortho surgeon communicated well before the surgery and I was given Valium to take the PM before the surgery and then more in the IV whilst I was waiting on tenterhooks for the surgeon to finish w/previous case. Much sympathy to you, but really:PLEASE, no more RC VIDS! It'll just wind you up and won't help w/ the healing one iota.

Your doc doesn't want you to be in pain afterwards, either; make sure you are clear w/what measures will be taken. Standard used to be that post-RC Repair patients were sent home with what we called a "Polar Care" Unit -- it's a cooler that pumps chilled water into a pad that fits over the shoulder and helps a great deal with post-op pain.

One does have to sleep propped up on big cushions, or in a recliner bc of not wanting to put any pressure on the post-op shoulder.

It's not fun at first, but the rewards are omg-level worth it! Especially compared to the alternative of more debilitating pain and more complicated repair when it eventually would have to be done or lose use of the arm .

You're doing the right thing, Sweets.

Wishing you calm & resolve

xo

Chyia, feeling for you but having confidence in you as well
Chyialee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets