Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Third, now I feel like I never want to see her again now that she knows the details.
I have felt this, I even feel this when I share my own challenges. I think it depends on what it is too. Some of this is due to how abusers threaten "if you tell" or "no one will believe you" or "bad things will happen to you if you tell". There can also be an embarrassed feeling of "I should have been able to resolve this myself" and depending on what happened it can feel wrong to share it.

However, I can tell you that therapists DO hear a lot of bad things. They don't judge like the average "unknowing" person would either. They understand more than you think and they don't push you for details, they know you will share when your ready or if you have a need to share.

The other reason for regrets like this is because "if" we say it that makes it real, that it really happened, and a lot of people try to push things aside so they can work on thinking something bad never happened. Its a denial in an effort to subconsciously not give it so much importance.

Please make sure you keep going to therapy, you need to experience that it's ok to talk about things and your relationship with your therapist can still be safe.

Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote