Thread: Therapy
View Single Post
Anonymous52333
Anonymous52333 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 10, 2019 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentus View Post
I'm in a similar situation as you -- I am very comfortable with my therapist and trust him. I recently have been having intrusive thoughts about things I've blocked away in my mind so I can't see them, if that makes any sense. They're coming to the front and well, I expressed my concern with remembering them and the situations. Now I feel like I should never have said anything and the guilt and pain from telling are a lot to handle.

I plan on continuing to see my therapist-- I don't think what we experienced is all the uncommon, it's part of the processing of the trauma. They are trained professionals who know how to help us through it-- talking was the first step. My therapist gave me the advice of journaling about the events to get them out of my head. It isn't easy, but I do find some comfort in it.
Thanks. I think talking made the intrusive more intrusive. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't expect to feel this intense. I will just keep trusting the process...I guess it can't make things any worse than they are.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes