Buffy01 has no updates.

5 yr Member
9,664 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2019 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
22 years ago I bought a travel bag that I've taken everywhere. That bag has gone on so many trips! It's also really worn out - the bottom fabric is basically see through, there are tears in several spots - it's really ratty looking and questionably functional due to the transparent bottom fabric. But the zippers still work!

I finally purchased a new bag last night.

I can't get rid of my old bag. It feels like throwing away a friend that has been with me on all my trips. It feels like I am abandoning my bag or mistreating it by putting it in the trash. I don't understand how I can have all these thoughts about my bag like it was a person.

Even though it is torn and the fabric is worn out, I feel like it is still useful for something. Not sure what since I worry about setting it down on the ground and moisture damaging what's inside. I think about sewing some new fabric on top of it, but I've thought about that for years and still haven't done it, so I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm probably going to stick it in a closet for now and see if I feel differently in a few months.
I completely understand how you feel. I been there myself!
Buffy01 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
hvert