View Single Post
Anonymous44076
Anonymous44076 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 10, 2019 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I hate IQ tests and do not believe they accurately portray if one is intelligent or not.
The research supports your viewpoint SarahSweets! IQ tests are notorious for being biased with regard to race, religion, socioeconomic status, and educational background. For example, one IQ test for children asked: What is the book of Genesis about? The required answer was Creation. What about children who were raised by people of a faith other than Christianity or no religion at all? They would score lower...so are they less intelligent? I think not.

IQ tests were predominantly created by upper middle class white males. How many of the people taking IQ tests do you suppose are upper middle class white males?

People like myself who were formally educated in a certain way tend to score very well on IQ tests. That does not mean I'm more intelligent than those who do not. It simply means that there is a close link between the tests I took and the exposure I've had to certain stimuli etc.

My brother does not score well on IQ tests. He lives with undiagnosed dyslexia and really struggled at school. Yet he is one the most intelligent people I've known. The man is proficient in two languages (lives and works in a country where he is required to use his SECOND language for everything,) a musician, plays several instruments, writes his own beautiful music, and can put together computers from their basic parts...he has never bought a full computer...he buys the cheaper parts and assembles them himself. I would be lost! Those are just a few of his many indications of intelligence. Above average intelligence. Check out the neuro research on musicians and polyglots...it will blow your mind. Seriously!

I threw out the whole IQ idea a long time ago. I'm all about EQ and CQ. Those are the 'Q's which really make the world go round

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Mar 11, 2019 at 12:27 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
sarahsweets

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets